How To Check Subcooling
* From the unit data plate determine the type of refrigerant and recommended txv subcooling amount
* Check all of your hoses to make sure the O-Rings are intact and they are free from dirt, oil and debris.
* Attach blue hose to the suction line service port… (the larger the diameter line)
* Attach the red hose to the liquid line service port (the skinny line)
* Bleed Hose
* Attached tip of temperature probe to the liquid line near the condenser
* Allow unit to run for a few minutes while pressures stabilize
* Determine your high side saturation temperature
* Determine your liquid line temperature
The numbers show – 84 degrees saturation temperature minus 74 degrees liquid line temperature equals 10 degrees of subcooling.
Enroll in ETI’s HVAC Training – Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning and get started on your HVAC/R Career Today!