April 30, 2020
Covid-19 Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the most important thing we can do now while the school is closed?
Easy Question. STAY SAFE! This should be more important than anything else you read from this point forward.
2. What was the purpose of the online classes?
ETI’s goal with the online classes is to try to complete the classroom portion of all classes, enable students to focus on lab upon return, and to keep students focused and on task to complete their programs.
3. When will assignments be graded?
There are some assignments that are graded directly in Google Classroom, however, the majority of them will be turned in and graded on June 2nd, upon your arrival back to school.
4. Will we have time to do our labs when we return to school?
Absolutely. June 2nd through June 8th, students will return to school during their regularly scheduled classes to focus on the lab portion of their class. ETI instructors will be available in between day and night classes AND Saturday, June 6th from 8:00am – 8:00pm for any students that would like to continue to work on projects.
5. Are day and night classes going to be joined when the school reopens?
No. The only time this may happen is if day students stay after 3:00pm or if night students come in before 6:00pm.
6. What if I feel like I am not ready to move on to the next level?
You are more than welcome to repeat the module starting at the next start date. ETI will waive all class repeat fees for the next start.
7. What if I am not able to learn from the online courses and do not feel they are benefiting me?
Students who feel they are comprehending the material or do not have the time to devote to the online learning, can request a Leave of Absence by emailing Elizabeth DiCriscio. The leave of absence will cause you to repeat the current module upon your return.
8. Why are we having a vacation?
ETI is considered a NON-ESSENTIAL business and are mandated to stay closed. We feel that we have exhausted the e-learning portion of the curriculum and need to begin focusing on planning to re-open the campus and complete the lab portion of the curriculum.
9. What is my new graduation date?
Once the campus reopens, updated graduation dates will be provided to each student.
10. Will there be graduation ceremonies?
The graduation ceremonies will not occur until all state restrictions are lifted regarding large gatherings.
11. Are we going to re-open on June 2nd for sure?
June 2nd is our goal however, we are held to the directives of local, state, and federal mandates.
12. Can we get textbooks for the next module?
Upon returning to school, we will still be in the current module. Textbooks for the next module will be distributed on day one of the class, however, if the quarantine is extended, we will set up a process for students to pick up their textbooks.
13. How do I get a copy of my transcripts?
Go to www.eticampus.edu and under the ‘Resource’ tab there is a “Request for Transcripts’. Fill out the required information making sure that the location of where you want the transcript sent is completed. The request will be emailed directly to the Campus Registrar.
14. What steps are being taken to make the school as safe as possible upon return?
ETI has purchased sanitizing stations that will be located at the front desk. The cafeteria and career services center will be closed. We will be testing all students’ temperatures via thermal thermometers upon arrival to the school. We have signs posted throughout the building that state “IF YOU DO NOT FEEL 100% HEALTHY, STAY HOME”. Students, staff and faculty are free to wear any type of clothing they feel is necessary for safety purposes. The campus has also undergone a deep sanitizing cleaning and it will be done again prior to opening.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org