Due to circumstances caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the U.S. Department has granted us the authority to provide relief on a case-by-case basis to assist qualifying college students facing hardship. The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act – Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) Grant at ETI School of Skilled Trades provides emergency financial assistance to eligible students who have been directly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Students who have experienced a temporary furlough or an unexpected expense (childcare, technology, ect.) as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic may request assistance from the Higher Education Relief Fund. Applicants must be able to provide documentation supporting the need. These funds are limited and will be issued on a first-come, first-serve basis.
ETI School of Skilled Trades will distribute $2,000.00 to qualifying applicants.
Students MUST have a 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file and meet the Title IV Eligibility requirements for federal aid.
To receive this funding, eligible students MUST have a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file.
Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) immediately! You can:
- Apply online at http://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa (highly recommended)
- Visit http://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa/filling-out#options and download a PDF version of the FAFSA to complete and mail or fax for processing.
- Call 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243) and request a paper application.
ETI’s Federal School Code: 017319
- Students who are actively enrolled at ETI School of Skilled Trades as of March 13, 2020.
- Students must demonstrate an ability and intention to complete their career training.
Examples of emergencies include, but not limited to:
- Expenses related to transition to remote learning
- Unexpected expenses due to illness or death in the immediate family specifically related to COVID-19.
- Increased food, housing, healthcare, and childcare expenses.
Students who plan to submit an application for a CARES HEERF Grant should contact the Financial Aid Department for guidance on the application process. Please note that all requests for information will remain confidential.
To apply for the HEERF Grant, please complete the following application. You can submit your application in person to the Financial Aid Department or you can email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.